The Roots are the latest musicians to team up with American designer John Varvatos. The Philly band is front and center for the menswear brand’s 2011 Fall/Winter collection. Varvatos’ dapper look is a favorite among celebs like Will Smith, John Legend and Lenny Kravitz. Fashion and music have always collided and selecting the group was a natural choice. “The Roots are one of the most creative musical forces on the planet,” Varvatos said in a statement. The chic black and white shots show off the designer’s rocker edge with long jackets and tailored denim. The shot of the band emerging from the jet gives off a serious Beatles flashback.
See another shot of the campaign on the next page:
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!