With Skyfall hitting theaters this past weekend, James Bond fever is gripping the nation. Though it’s Daniel Craig‘s third time playing Bond, it seems like everyone can’t stop talking about his gritty, “post 9/11″ take on the character. While Craig’s ruggedness seemed like an unlikely fit for the character at first, Bond fans flocked to theaters to see his performance. But what about the Bond hopefuls who almost were?
Click through our list of 15 actors who lobbied (or are currently lobbying) for the role of the world’s most dangerous and smokin’ super spy.
Starting the list off with an actor likely obscure to modern audiences, Richard Todd was a British actor most well known for acting in the Alfred Hitchcock film Stage Fright. He was James Bond author Ian Fleming’s first choice for the role when casting began for 1962′s Dr. No. Todd didn’t get the part, but later attempted to adapt another Fleming book, The Diamond Smugglers, as a vehicle but it was unsuccessful.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!