Drug and alcohol addiction can happen to anyone, even celebrities. Or perhaps it would be better to say drug and alcohol addiction can happen to anyone, especially celebrities. It’s a story we’ve all heard many times before– money, success, and acclaim open the doors to addiction for certain individuals in the public spotlight. While it is easy to document a celebrity’s crash and burn into the depths of their habit, what about those celebrities that managed to stay on the road to recovery? Here are 15 famous faces whose battle for sobriety serve as an inspiration to us all.
Photo: Adriana M. Ba
Hollywood superstar and activist Angelina Jolie has discussed with media her past addictions to cocaine and heroin. The Changeling actress struggled with the habit in her teen years and once said she felt very lucky not to have died young.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past