The Make-A-Wish Foundation was formed in 1980 to grant wishes to children suffering from life threatening diseases. The foundation’s main objective has been to enrich the lives of these children and inspire hope and strength in the face of illness. Since starting, Make-A-Wish has fulfilled a wide variety of requests, many of which involve a child spending time with one of their favorite celebrity personalities. Starting in 1990, Make-A-Wish began awarding its biggest celebrity Wish Granters with the Chris Greicius Award, named for the first child to receive a wish granted by the foundation. Here are 15 celebrities whose dedication to making a child’s dream was honored with the Chris Greicius Award from Make-A-Wish.
Photo: DJDM / WENN.com
Famous comedian George Lopez received the award in 2008.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!