Everyone loves a musician who can act, but what about an actor who can play music? The history of Hollywood stars taking a stab at musical careers is lined with ambitious flops. Here are 15 actors who never quite made it as popular, mainstream musical talents.
While Depp never seemed to go after rock star status the way many of the personalities on this list did, he did count himself as apart of the alternative rock super group known as P. The Pirates of the Caribbean actor joined the Butthole Sufers’ Bill Carter, songwriter Gibby Haynes, and fellow 21 Jump Street alum Sal Jenco. The band’s self-titled debut was released in 1995 and though it could hardly be called a Billboard smasher, it managed to do well enough to garner a re-release in 2007.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past
- Hollywood's 15 Most Famous On Again-Off Again Couples