With a headline that would make residents of Kerry Washington‘s native New York smile, the actress is simply stunning in the Elle’s “Washington Heights” editorial. Shot by photographer Serge Lablon, Scandal‘s leading lady gave power, beauty and angles a supermodel would envy for the fashion glossy. And wherever Kerry goes, designers follow — the beauty modeled pieces from an arsenal of high end designers including Louis Vuitton, Marni, Prada, and Marc Jacobs. In the interview, Kerry dished on her Scandal character Olivia Pope‘s now-lauded style, and her upcoming role in Quentin Tarantino‘s Django Unchained.
Click through for more photos and excerpts from Kerry’s gorgeous Elle spread.
On Olivia Pope’s high-fashion, no nonsense style:
“She’s phenomenally successful, able to control her world and makes things happen with clarity and force in her profession. I chose pale pastels and earth tones – no black or navy suits. She spends her days saying things people don’t want to hear. She has to balance that by wearing things that make people safe and comfortable.”
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!