There are few tragedies that can compare to the loss of a spouse. Though the pain and grief of losing one’s partner may be unimaginable, life must inevitably continue. Regardless of whether you’ve lost a spouse or partner, here is a list of 15 celebrity widows and widowers whose strength to continue after their loss should serve as an inspiration to us all.
Mel Brooks married actress Anne Bancroft in 1964. The two remained together until she passed away in 2005 from uterine cancer. Brooks recalled that, after their first meeting “From that day, until her death in 2005, we were glued together!” Brooks widely credits his wife as the motivation to adapt his play The Producers into a Broadway hit. He has continued working in Hollywood sporadically since the loss.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past
- Hollywood's 15 Most Famous On Again-Off Again Couples
- Are These Once M.I.A. Celebs Ready For A Comeback? 15 Stars That May Be Poised For Career Revival
- Fun and Sun: 15 Summer Beauty Must-Haves
- Blue Carpet Rundown: The 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)