Photo: Getty Images and WENN
While our generation knows Joseph Simmons best as the inspirational tub-tweeting Rev. Run, he first emerged on the scene as DJ Run, one-third of the hip-hop group Run DMC, alongside Jam Master Jay and DMC. In the ’80s, Rev. Run and Run DMC were trailblazers in the hip-hop industry, as the first group in the genre to obtain gold, platinum and multi-platinum album status, and be nominated for a Grammy Award.
Their thick gold rope chains, black fedora hats and adidas track jackets will always be an iconic style of the era. Let’s not forget the black, red and white Run DMC shirts. Rev. Run definitely passed on his love of fashion and style to his daughters Angela and Vanessa Simmons. Today we are celebrating Rev. Run’s 48th birthday. We salute him!
Click through the gallery to check out some of Angela and Vanessa Simmons’ best looks.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- TV Chic: Top 15 Most Fashionable TV Characters
- 15 Fitness Tips & Tricks From The Stars
- 15 Timeless Beauties We Love
- The Fountain of Youth: 15 Celebrity Anti-Aging Tips & Tricks
- 15 Celebrities Who Helped Revive Other Celeb's Careers
- Films of the Future? 15 Movies That Accurately Predicted Events
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'