Like Christmas, Thanksgiving, or any other annual event, the Academy Awards always hits sooner than you might think. Sure, it’s often regarded merely as a night for Hollywood to give itself a long pat on the back. Yet for an actor, a nomination is considered a high honor, confirming the credibility and achievements of a thespian among his or her peers.
But not all Oscar honored actors are willing to wait for that magic project that’ll get them a shot at the statuette. No, there’s an entire set of Academy award nominated actors out there who are willing to slum it in the world of direct-to-video for the quick bucks. Even worse, some Oscar honored actors often find one of their movies dumped directly to video without warning, thus bringing their star status down little by little. Whatever the case, here are 15 Academy Award winning and nominated actors whose Oscar pedigree has been put on the DTV line at one point or another.
Oh, by the way, we’re keeping the list exclusively male as not to spoil the all-female follow-up. Enjoy!
Following his 2002 Oscar nod for Best Supporting Actor, Baldwin went straight-to-video in the comedy Suburban Girl, co-starring Sarah Michelle Gellar. Not one of the actor’s finest moments.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!