Photo: Mike Theiler-Pool/Getty
‘Tis the season for holiday family portraits, but what to wear? If you have ever attempted to coordinate family photos, you know it can be somewhat frustrating. The more family members you have, the more overwhelming a task it can be. Color choice, for example, becomes crucial. You have to think about the overall photo, which includes the group’s colors as a whole, the background colors, and any props that may be used. The goal is to have a cohesive color scheme that makes the subjects the central focus of the photo. To avoid frustration during this festive time of the year, we’re going to give you some tips that will help make this year’s portraits the best yet!
We can’t get ‘dem babies’ to sit still or spot-treat the lipstick on your lapel, but we can give you some visuals to help make this year’s family photo greeting card material.
Jewel tones are best! Avoid pastels and light colors. They will wash you out.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night