The term “Renaissance Man” is tough to define. Most people would define it as a person with a wide variety of interests and knowledge. Others may mix the term with the old adage“Jack of all trades, master of none.” In Hollywood it tends to be used for any actor, musician, or producer who produces, makes music, or acts on the side. We would like to narrow it down a bit more, aligning the modern Hollywood Renaissance Man with those whose interests branch out into art, sciences, politics, academia or even all four subjects. Here is a list of 15 True Hollywood Renaissance Men and, before you go, keep on the lookout for our follow-up list of Renaissance Women, to come.
This Queen guitarist was working on a PhD in astrophysics when the band went legit. He would finally finish that degree in 2007 and was installed as Chancellor of Liverpool John Moores University in 2008. He is also a lifelong animal activist and is an award winning expert in early stereoscopic photography.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!
- Father's Day Love: 15 Of The Most Adorable Celebrity Photos
- 15 Of the Most Surprising Things Celebs Have Said
- Red Carpet Rundown: The Best Looks Of The 2013 Daytime Emmy Awards
- Married and Barely Legal: 15 Celebs That Got Married Before 21
- Where Are They Now? 15 Rappers Who Fell Off the Map
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Jordana Brewster, Hollis Wakeema And More!)
- The 15 StyleBlazer Closets We'd Love to Peek Into!