Joanna Coles became the new EIC of Cosmopolitan magazine in September and she is already leaving her mark. Coles, who was formerly an editor at Marie Clarie, was appointed to the position upon the departure of Kate White. While settling into her new role she is also doing some major shakeups.
According to The Cut, Coles has already terminated nine staff members, two in the photo department and seven in the features department. When asked for a comment, a Cosmo spokesperson said, “New, incoming editors in chief often want to form their own teams. We will be announcing more new hires shortly.”
The Observer reported that on Monday, during the Cosmopolitan 100 Luncheon, Joanna opened with the remark, “I would ask you to re-engage with the magazine; over the next year, I’ll be making changes,” Given that it’s only been a few days since Joanna made the statement and she has already terminated nine staffers, we can only imagine what’s next.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles
- Celeb Moms That Bounced Back After Pregnancy Like It Was Nothing (Beyoncé's Body Post Blue Ivy, Jennifer Lopez's Curves After Twins and More!)