We hate to be the bearer of bad news but Missoni is not launching a new lower priced line. We can only imagine how excited Missoni lovers all over the world were when the Wall Street Journal reported that Margherita Missoni divulged in an interview that “the Italian label is considering creating a lower-price label that would use its classic motif in simpler, more accessible designs.” Our hearts were quickly deflated when we learned, from Fashionologie, that Margherita Missoni took to her twitter and stated “Missoni is NOT launching a second line we already have a second line and it’s called M Missoni.”
If the news has left you absolutely inconsolably, we apologize, so allow us to fix it. Margherita is doing a rather late, or early– depending on how you look at the glass– spring cleaning, and as a result, is selling pieces from her closet on e-commerce site yoox.com. According to yoox.com, “historical pieces from the family maison, garments procured at flea markets, rare pearls and an endless love for fashion: the collection, original and unique, is now exclusively available on yoox.com.” So head on over to secure your vintage Missoni, but before you do, we must warn you the least expensive item is over $100 and prices can get as high as $1400. But, keep in mind its for a good cause, all proceed with go to the children charity, OrphanAid Africa.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past