Photo: Azealia Banks’ Facebook Page
Fashion darling Azealia Banks is lending her likeness to another lead beatmaker. The latest member of the #BeatsArmy talks about her industry inspirations and favorite designers, and her choices may surprise you. Contrary to her otherworldly performance wardrobe, she loves the clean crisp lines of designer Jil Sander, and is obsessed with well-made fashions. The Harlem bred rapper says she’s going for an authentic sound on her upcoming debut album, Broke With Expensive Taste. And perhaps the biggest surprise may be that rapper bad girl is inspired by Beyoncé‘s poise and good girl manners. And if that wasn’t proof that the 21 year old has her head on straight, she encourages aspiring female rappers to save their money, because it won’t last forever. Sounds like someone has staying power.
Watch Azealia’s Beats interview after the jump.
StyleBlazers, are you diggin’ the newest member of the Beats Army?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!