Photo:Peggy Sirota / GQ
Talk about a man of the year. With the release of his stellar debut album Channel Orange, Frank Ocean is one of the most critically acclaimed artists in the industry. His sound is as unboxable as his identity outside of the realm of his artistry. Just days before his album dropped, he shared an open letter on Tumblr that alluded to his love affair with a man, that could have shattered his buzz due to hip-hop’s notorious homophobia. In GQ‘s “Men of the Year” issue, the press-shy musician reflects on his stellar year, his style and his friendship with his Odd Future affiliates. An L.A. skater kid at heart, Frank stays true to his signature style, but with success comes the opportunity to flex in high-end fashions. He rocks Prada and Balmain along with his Vans these days. That’s life on top.
StyleBlazers, is Frank Ocean one of your favorite stars of 2012?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Once Tween Stars Who Have Ditched The All American Look For A Edgier Persona!
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles