Photo: Hugh Dillon/WENN.com
While most filmmakers tend to keep their talent strictly behind the camera, there is a growing movement of them willing to juggle directing and performing their own material. Not only that, there are several who are being cast as performers in other director’s films. Here are 15 directors who are known for occasionally slipping on their acting shoes.
Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN.com
The Eastern Promises and A History of Violence director has used his past reputation as a horror filmmaker to garner the chilling role of a serial killer in Clive Barker’s Nightbreed. The part has received solid cult acclaim and would lead to supporting roles in such projects as Jason X and the TV show Alias. Before you raise an eyebrow, let me assure you there are Academy Award-nominated directors who are willing to co-star in Friday the 13th films. Just ask Mr. Cronenberg…
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process