Woman image via Shutterstock
In case you haven’t heard, 40 is the new 20—evidenced by the large amount of women in their 40s who look and feel better in this decade of life than they did when they were younger. But, although your body may make you look like a knockout, you really want to pay attention to your skin at this age. In your 40s, the skin starts to lose collagen, making the appearance of wrinkles more visible; the eyes start to darken and sink; and the complexion can become more ruddy and uneven. To combat this, here are three important tips women in their 40s should follow.
1. Time To Tag Team Your Sunscreen
There’s a reason why we bring up sunscreen in every skin care post no matter your age: sun exposure is the biggest culprit behind the loss collagen in the skin. And with many women, particularly women of color, hyperpigmentation is common and can worsen with exposure to the sun’s harmful rays. In your 40s you may want to tag team your SPF by choosing one with age fighting antioxidants like Ole Henriksen Protect The Truth™ SPF 50+ Sunscreen.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night