Last night families crowded around the television to watch Michael Jackson‘s Bad 25 documentary, similarly to the way they did when his short films would premiere after The Simpsons on FOX. The Spike Lee-directed documentary highlighted the countless hits on the Bad album, and also his iconic fashion-forward fashion that inspired a generation. The leather jacket style he wore in his cutting-edge “Bad” video that Kanye West says he still emulates today. His crisp matching suit in “Smooth Criminal” is seen all over the red carpet today, with superstars like Rihanna and Nicki Minaj at the helm of this latest trend for fashion femmes. He made a song celebrating African girls when no was celebrating our beauty. And his swan song reminds us to look at the face in the mirror to make a difference. We’re thankful for Michael’s genius, and that Spike Lee brought him back for us.
In honor of the King of Pop, enjoy 5 blockbuster tracks from 1987′s ‘Bad’ album.
We can’t stop loving Michael Jackson.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past