Yoko Ono has always had a unique design aesthetic shown through her artwork and fashion. Now, the late wife of John Lennon, is being tapped as the co-designer for a new menswear collection with Opening Ceremony.
Inspired by Lennon’s “hot bod” (Yoko’s words not ours), the collection will be called “Fashions for Men” and hold 52 limited edition pieces. Including knee pads, thigh-high boots and even a jockstrap… we’re very curious to see how this will all look.
“I think she just fell in love with John’s body and wanted to show off all of the parts of his body that she loved,” said OC founder Humberto Leon referring to the sketches being used for the collection originally drawn by Ono for Lennon in 1969. “There’s something so beautiful about that sentiment. And we’ve realized these designs in pretty actual terms of how she drew them.”
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Blue Carpet Rundown: The 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age