Lately, the Paris fashion scene has turned into a series of revolving doors with notable designers shuffled in and out of prominent couture houses and ready-to-wear studios. Raf Simons is in at Dior. Nicolas Ghersquire is out at Balenciaga. Stefano Pilati is out and Hedi Slimane is in at Yves Saint Laurent, now simply Saint Laurent Paris. These are strange days in Paris fashion, where no norm is safe with no standard left well enough alone. Case in point, for the latest Saint Laurent campaign, Hedi casts female model du jour and Chanel fave Saskia de Brauw to rock the brand new menswear collection. Saskia pulls off the looks flawlessly with a clean-scrubbed face devoid of heavy make up and a floppy bowl cut reminiscent of The Beatles. The clothes themselves could honestly go either way, staying true to Hedi’s tendency toward androgynous fashion and Yves’s legacy of Le Smoking, dressing women in menswear-inspired tuxedos. Saint Laurent Paris also recently launched an e-commerce site, so you can shop all of these boy-meets-girl looks here.
Check out the latest Saint Laurent Paris campaign below.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Once Tween Stars Who Have Ditched The All American Look For A Edgier Persona!
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles