Fashion is an art within itself. Just like any other form of art, it allows us to express ourselves in ways others won’t necessarily understand. One trend that is allowing us to get more in tune with our artistic side is the art deco trend. It often involves bling, glitz and geometric patterns. It takes a real fashionista to know how to style it well and rock it better. Fashion houses, including Gucci, Lanvin and Balmain, have taken on the trend this year. Now, with holiday 2012 in full swing, it’s your turn to put a twist to the 1920s-inspired look with our style guide below.
Twist and twirl the night away in this embellished dress. The bodice’s sequin detail stitched into alternating triangular pattern does deco fun and flirty. Pair it with jeweled pumps for the perfect ensemble to bring in the New Year.
Deco it out with this luxe, beaded, sheer top. Then up the ante with a statement shoe like these zebra print pump. Be sure to pair them with all black trousers or an black mini skirt, so you won’t come off too trendy.
Braving the winter weather this season in your city? Do it in style with this deco cardigan in one of the era’s most popular color combos. Throw it on over these leather-paneled pixie pants. Both garments would survive any blizzard this winter.
Printed jeans are here in a big way, so you may as well dabble in the trend before it vanishes. Start with these deco jeans featuring the era’s popular shell motif. Go basic on top by pairing it with a simple black cashmere sweater. And as an added appeal, take it from day-to-night by switching out your everyday flat boots for pumps.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process