‘Tis the season for holiday baskets filled with sweets and other indulgences showing up at your office almost every single day. Just when you tried to keep your diet in check, here comes temptation at every corner. *sigh* But fear not StyleBlazers, there is light at the end of the tunnel. We’ve put together some holiday fitness tips that will help you get through the season without packing on extra pounds.
Check them out below.
1. Take a whiff. Okay this may sound crazy, but sometimes simply smelling the gooey culprit may be enough to satisfy that sweet tooth. Studies have shown that strong aromas can help curb your appetite and limits how much food you intake.
2. Eat your protein first. Keeping your blood sugar from spiking can also be key in maintaining your weight. This is where eating your protein first comes into play. You know how you feel after eating a food high on the glycemic index—sluggish and bloated. You can curb some of this by eating your protein first as it helps alter the spike in your blood sugar from your starches.
3. Get rid of your eating pants. Wearing looser clothing can actually make you eat more, so nix the Hammer pants come dinner time. Instead, wear something form-fitting to keep your snacking in check.
4. Work out in intervals. From shopping to spending more time out with loved ones, your workout may be getting the back burner. But don’t worry—-you don’t have to get all your exercise in at once. Since the effects of working out is cumulative, you can get your fitness on daily with three ten-minute routines. We love the ones found on the BeFit Youtube page.
5. Indulge sparingly. If you swear off an entire food group in an attempt to stay trim for the holidays, guess what’s going to happen: a few hours in and you’ll crave and binge. It’s okay to indulge a little, but make sure you eat well for at least 80% of the time.