Well hello, gorgeous! Singing beauty and style chameleon Jordin Sparks has kicked off the holiday season with a new hairstyle. She tried on Aaliyah’s classic swoop for size, with long dark tresses layering her face, and debuted her look on Instagram last night. Of course, she topped off her style with Aaliyah‘s signature pose that’s become just as timeless as the late singer. This is not the first time Jordin has emulated the “Rock The Boat” singer. She was selected by the late Whitney Houston as the lead in Sparkle, a role originally slated for Aaliyah. And it seems like she’s honored to follow in her footsteps.
We loved Jordin’s auburn ombre look of the summer, and she’s looking beautiful in her latest. She’s giving us ideas for the next time we hit the salon chair!
Did Jordin nail Aaliyah’s classic look? Check out more photos below.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past