Hmmm, so Cosmopolitan is planning on attacking the quickly growing men’s lifestyle/fashion market this Fall. It’s a bold move being that Cosmo is totally known for being that publication completely dedicated to everything women care about: fashion, beauty, style, dating, relationship advice, nightlife, cocktails, sex (a lot of it), diets etc. The new foray into “man world” won’t be through an additional print periodical however, but rather with a new men’s iPad app under the Cosmo For Guys – CFG name.
As far as the new logo, the long-running successful glossy stated that … “To address any issues potential male customers might have with buying a brand identified with women, designers at the magazine crafted a new logo. In big capital letters, it says CFG; in small print, it says Cosmo for Guys… Cosmopolitan’s editor, Kate White, insists the magazine has long had a secret following among men.”
Well, we’ll see what happens with this – we love that the promo pics they released (above) show African-American faces – that’s always a great start!.
What do you think: Is this new venture going to be a success – or will guys stay away from a publication known for being a primarily women’s outlet?
Source: Media Decoder
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past
- Hollywood's 15 Most Famous On Again-Off Again Couples
- Are These Once M.I.A. Celebs Ready For A Comeback? 15 Stars That May Be Poised For Career Revival
- Fun and Sun: 15 Summer Beauty Must-Haves
- Blue Carpet Rundown: The 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)