Photo: Bryan Smith
When she was a young girl growing up in Hell’s Kitchen, Alicia Keys probably dreamed of one day performing on top of the Empire State Building. Well, the city did one step better for the Grammy Award winner. Last night, in celebration of her new album, Girl On Fire, Alicia’s music was synchronized to a stunning LED light show courtesy of Philips Color Kinetics, that illuminated the NYC skyscraper with every note. For a native New Yorker like Alicia, the experience was simply pretty darn cool. As “Girl On Fire” and her stripped version of “Empire State Of Mind, Part II” played, her elation was totally evident when she squealed, “It’s playing my piano!” The girl remains on fire!
Check out Alicia’s light show after the jump.
StyleBlazers, did you enjoy Alicia’s bright city lights?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow