Evolution is the perfect word to describe singer, songwriter and DJ Solange Knowles and also her new EP, True. We’ve certainly had it on a heavy rotation already this morning.
Smooth melodies and electric beats fill the album which marks a great contrast from her debut album Solo Star released in 2003. On True, Solange created a whimsical retro-soul album with the help of such guest talents like British musician Devonte Hynes.
Not only did her musical influences change over the last decade, but so did her personal style as she quickly rose to the ranks as fashion’s “It” girl.
While you take a listen to True click through to check out Solange’s style evolution.
Photo: Rob Rich/WENN.com
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night