Skin, hair, and nails – oh my! We women are always searching for that next best product, and always look to our favorite celebrity to give us tips to look just as fabulous as they do (as if we don’t already). Well, what if you found out that some of your favorite figures were actually the masterminds behind beauty perfection? Guess what, they just might be! Check out the next few slides to see which celebrities are doing more than fighting off the paparazzi. Besides some of the most obvious celebrity entrepreneurs, you may be surprised to see who you find!
Supermodel Iman Mohamed Abdulmajid started Iman Cosmetics in 1994 after she had just about enough of mixing foundation colors for make-artists to properly match her distinct Somalian skin tone. The ethnic cosmetic pioneer wanted to create a product line distinctly for women of color. The line features 14 different shades, with 4 different formulations for various skin types and tones. As of 2010, Iman Cosmetics has been valued to be a $25 million business.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process