23-yr-old Wynter Gordon is a music force to be reckoned with. The South Jamaica, Queens talent is a triple threat: composer, writer, performer, and she’s already considered a bonafide A-list pop star overseas. She broke through on the scene in 2005 after writing the title track “Breakthrough” for Mary J. Blige’s #1 album of the same name, and since then, she has gone on to write for names like Jennifer Lopez (she wrote 3 tracks on J-Lo’s new album “Love”), Danity Kane, David Guetta and more. Her own chart-topping single “Dirty Talk” topped the US “Dance Club Play Songs” chart in 2010 and it also went on to become a number one hit in Australia. The accompanying video displayed everything Wynter Gordon is about: fun music, bold and colorful fashion, independence, freedom and above all originality.
The Big Beat/Atlantic artist just released her latest EP – “With the Music I Die” and it’s full of melody-driven, club-ready scorchers. The first single and video is “Til’ Death” and it’s already making huge impact on radio and night spots all across the world. We caught up with her on a recent stop in NYC to chat music, fashion, style and chasing dreams.
StyleBlazer: We listened to the first single “Til’ Death” and it’s a really catchy song and great video too. Congrats!
Wynter: Yeah, filming that video was really fun. We shot it at Gold Bar in NYC (see video below)
SB: What can fans expect from your new EP?
Wynter: It’s very youthful, and It has a lot of 80s & 90s pop melodies, and there are just a bunch of good songs in it. There’s a track called “Back to You” and it’s very catchy and vocal-driven but still meaty. It’s not just fluffy party music. There’s some deep stuff on there everyone can relate to.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films
- 15 Celebs Who Love A Pair Of Ripped Jeans
- Extreme Beauty: 15 Wacky Celebrity Beauty Treatments
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!
- Father's Day Love: 15 Of The Most Adorable Celebrity Photos