2012 has been amazing to Kerry Washington, and there’s no actress more deserving. The talented actress landed the smash television series of her career when Shonda Rhimes casted her as the lead in the ABC smash Scandal. Kerry has set every red carpet she’s graced on fire in impeccable fashion, landing on the right side of every style list imaginable. And now she’s gearing up to star alongside Jamie Foxx and Leonardo DiCaprio in the much-talked about Quentin Tarantino blaxploitation dramedy Django Unchained. Think she’s slowing down in 2013? No chance! Kerry is the gorgeous cover girl of Uptown‘s December 2012/January 2013 looking like a bajillion bucks.
In the issue, the Bronx native blends her brand of class and sultriness that’s captivated her fans, with in all black lace, and ab-revealing crop tops. She didn’t land the cover of Women’s Health for nothing. The profile touches on her incredible year and her very gifted beginnings. If there was ever foreshadowing that she’d do great things, Kerry won a prize in sixth grade for mastering the Italian language.
Jamie also praised his co-star’s versatility:
“A lot of actresses only get to play one note. Kerry’s able to play a symphony.”
Check out more photos from Kerry’s bombshell Uptown shoot below, and make sure to snag the issue on newsstands now.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past
- Hollywood's 15 Most Famous On Again-Off Again Couples