Dolce & Gabbana has a new fragrance in the works and it’s expected to be wildly popular. How popular? Well, according to WWD, it’s expected to bring in approximately $150 million in retail sales within a year of its debut. Luigi Feola, P&G Prestige VP, disclosed in an interview with WWD that, “Desire is a new blockbuster fragrance. This [scent] will be one of the top initiatives of the year in the industry.” Top initiative is most likely code for highly publicize and strategic marketing campaigns. Given that the fragrance is composed of “top notes of bergamot, mandarin, lychee and lily of the valley, before the heart and base ingredients — including tuberose, caramel-infused vanilla, sandalwood and musk,” you won’t have to twist our arms or trick us with clever visual ads for us to fork over the cash. We will happily pay $79 for the 30-ml, or $93 for the 50-ml and even $112 for the 75 ml bottle. After all, The One Desire woman is one to be desired, “she owns the room when she enters. She’s not just noticed, she attracts the attention of everybody and is Hot but not vulgar,” and you can’t put a price on that.
StyleBlazers, do you plan to help Dolce and Gabbana increase profits for The One Desire?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- TV Chic: Top 15 Most Fashionable TV Characters
- 15 Fitness Tips & Tricks From The Stars
- 15 Timeless Beauties We Love
- The Fountain of Youth: 15 Celebrity Anti-Aging Tips & Tricks
- 15 Celebrities Who Helped Revive Other Celeb's Careers
- Films of the Future? 15 Movies That Accurately Predicted Events
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'