Katy Perry graces the cover of December’s Women in Music issue of Billboard Magazine as Woman of the Year. From her catchy pop hits to her quirky style, she has definitively rose to ultimate stardom. Perry has become very familiar with success. Her second album “Teenage Dream” was her first album to debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 100 charts and she has recently taken over the big screen with her 3D concert experience film “Katy Perry: Part of Me”, which sold out in 124 theaters. She spoke to Billboard about being named Woman of the Year, her inspirations, and her future plans. Here are some snips from her Billboard interview.
On being chosen a Woman of the Year: “I’d thought my year was over, that it was time to pass the baton. But I guess I get to hold onto it until the end of the year [laughs]. It’s truly a lovely compliment.”
On being considered a role model: “I ’d like to change the phrase “role model” to “inspiration.” “Role model” puts you on a pedestal that no one can really live up to. For me, aspiring to be an artist at a young age, I didn’t think about being a role model. But I definitely thought about being an inspiration. So I hope that I am an inspiration, especially with my work ethic and my ability to overcome obstacles.”
On her future album: “I’m going to start dusting off the wheels just a little: [I'm] going in with a couple of people in November and try out fun collaborations that maybe people wouldn’t imagine.”
Kudos to Perry but let’s not forget the other women who blazed the charts this year.
Click through to see some of the hottest women who have set the music industry on fire in 2012, and see where they stand today on the charts.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films
- 15 Celebs Who Love A Pair Of Ripped Jeans
- Extreme Beauty: 15 Wacky Celebrity Beauty Treatments
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!
- Father's Day Love: 15 Of The Most Adorable Celebrity Photos