Flesh-tone makeup is anything but boring—especially if you rock yours like Solange Knowles did recently at the Ermenegildo Zegna ‘Essenze’ Collection Launch event. But since tonal makeup means something different for everyone depending on your skin tone, we’ve created a handy cheat sheet to help you get the look in a cinch.
First you’ll need three eyeshadow shades: a matte shadow close to your skin tone for the lid; a matte shade about 1-2 shades darker than your skin tone for the crease; and a matte or shimmer shade 1-2 shades lighter than your skin tone to highlight. You’ll also want a deep black pencil liner like Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Pencil in Perversion to create some depth and contrast to the eye makeup. To really make your peepers stand out, apply lashes after your mascara.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night