Alicia Keys has found a brand new kind of free. The music industry’s “Girl On Fire” covers the January 2013 issue of ESSENCE, and she’s looking red haute! She’s rocking a red peplum number that flaunts her curves, and her short slick hairstyle is looking awesome! In the issue, the Grammy Award-winner talks about finally learning the power of the word “no,” as well as life without power during Hurricane Sandy:
“…After the third or fourth tuna fish sandwich, and after we learned we’d be without power for a week, I called my mother, who lives Uptown. She was okay and hadn’t lost any power, so we ended up going to her house. We were pretty lucky…”
The native New Yorker is also gearing up to perform at MSG for the 12.12.12 Sandy Relief concert along with Kanye West, The Who, and Bring Springsteen.
Check out the issue on newsstands now!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process