In the August edition of American Vogue, Ford model Anais Mali is glowing as the centerpiece of the “Mixed Media” spread. Titled the Age Issue, this month’s issue addresses being chic at every age, Anais seems to be repping for the fly twenty somethings that wish they were around for the 1970s.
Styled by Elissa Santisi and shot by Raymond Meier, we find Anais slinking around in snake print suits and python boots. The entire shoot plays with texture and print in a nostalgic yet modern way. Rightfully so, the styling harkens back to the 70s in a darker way– Understated jewel tones and funky printed rugs and floppy felt hats. We adore all of Anais’ hair do: the flowing over grown fro, side swept action and front-heavy bouffant. Actually the whole 70s vibe reminds us of Wilona, the sassy neighbor from Good Times, mixed with a little Pam Grier as Foxy Brown and topped off with Diana Ross as Mahogany. Pretty much the mix matched fantasy woman of our stylish dreams.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles
- Celeb Moms That Bounced Back After Pregnancy Like It Was Nothing (Beyoncé's Body Post Blue Ivy, Jennifer Lopez's Curves After Twins and More!)
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game