The contest was a chance to win LA LA Anthony’s Fall 2012 Motives for LA LA make up collection!
In 300 creative words or less, readers told us why they deserved a makeover. The contest ran between October 16 – October 31, 2012 and helped kick off StyleBlazer’s first social media targeted contest of the Fall. This was a great collaboration with mother, wife, entrepreneur and actress La La Anthony. One lucky winner was chosen for this great win and we would love to send a big shout out to our Motives for LA LA Contest Winner Tiffany G!
Here is a snippet of the winning entry:
My name is Tiffany. I am a 25 year old; and just like La La, a mother. I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl in May 2012. She has blessed my life in so many ways and has made me realize that material things do not matter. The only thing that matters to me is seeing my husband and baby girl happy. Family is so much more important than trying to impress people with material things.
I grew up very poor. My mom and dad got divorced when I was just a baby. I never had the coolest clothes or the best of anything like all my friends had. My family taught me to work for everything I have and I’ve lived with that mindset my whole life. To this day, living on my own with my husband and baby, I do not have the coolest clothes or best of anything. My husband and I live paycheck to paycheck. I always make sure that my baby has EVERYTHING she needs. I would rather go without just to make sure my baby has food, diapers, clothes, etc.
I’ve never been a girly girly until recently. I was never taught how to do makeup or how to do my hair. I had to learn all of that stuff on my own. Now that I know about makeup, I try and make myself up with what I have. I never have the extra cash to go out and buy anything for myself. I get what I can with the little cash I have and make do with it. I don’t want a pitty party from anyone, all I want is to share my story and my struggles and hope to win this amazing giveaway.
We would love to thank all of the people who submitted entries! We look forward to bringing our StyleBlazer community more great opportunities!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past