With the movie Django Unchained set to unleash on Christmas Day, co-stars Kerry Washington and Jamie Foxx make the holidays fun with their editorial for L.A. Confidential. Donned in black and white ensembles the pair brings playful, sophistication to the spread shot by photographer Brian Bowen Smith. Kerry looks stunning in paired clean black and white skater dresses, gowns and a two-piece full length skirt and vest that is to die for. Jamie is clean and polished, showcasing his funnyman charm while looking good in a suit.
In the interview, Kerry dishes on her chemistry with Jamie, and the challenges black actors face in the industry:
Kerry on their natural chemistry:
“What you see with Jamie and me—it’s rare. But it comes from a whole lot of crying, a whole lot of sharing, a whole lot of blood, sweat, and tears.”
Kerry on adversity for black actors:
“My grandmother was a maid on Park Avenue and her grandmother was a slave. The expectations about what’s possible for African Americans is always shifting and always growing, but Jamie’s right: If you’re black in Hollywood, you have to be twice as good and work twice as hard as everybody else.”
Click through to see more of Kerry Washington and Jamie Foxx’s L.A. Confidential editorial.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night