As the saying goes “what’s old, is new.” The fashion industry has proved that true many times over. With vintage pieces coming back and thrifting becoming a certifiable hobby, people are starting to appreciate the older gems in life. In recent seasons, designers like Ralph Lauren, Oscar de la Renta and Marc Jacobs have paid homage to the women we’ve been stealing fashion from for years: our grandmothers. Staples like lace, floral, plaid, pearls and knits that every fashionista already has (or should have) in her closet are all you’ll need to go granny chic. But if you still need a little guidance or hand to lead the way, take a peek at some suggested picks complete with styling tips below.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process