With rare exceptions, movie sequels are typically looked down upon by most actors. After all, if you’ve made a successful movie once, why would need to do it again? The answers may vary, but usually boil down to money and status. Here are 15 actors who returned for a repeat of their biggest hits only to have the results blow up in their face.
Photo: Lia Toby
Reese Witherspoon returned to the role of sorority-girl-turned lawyer Elle Woods in Legally Blonde 2: Red, White, and Blonde. Though the film would be a financial success (grossing only $6 million less than the first film), Legally Blonde 2 was one of the most poorly reviewed films of its year. Its honors include an abysmal 37% Rotten Tomatoes rating and a #21 spot on EW’s “Worst Sequels of All Time” list.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- TV Chic: Top 15 Most Fashionable TV Characters
- 15 Fitness Tips & Tricks From The Stars
- 15 Timeless Beauties We Love
- The Fountain of Youth: 15 Celebrity Anti-Aging Tips & Tricks
- 15 Celebrities Who Helped Revive Other Celeb's Careers
- Films of the Future? 15 Movies That Accurately Predicted Events
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'