1. The Hi-Top Fade aka the Box Fade Haircut
The box fade or hi-top fade haircut was a must in the hip-hop and R&B culture of the late ’80s and early ’90s. The cut came in several varieties like the “gumby” (slanted to the side) sported by Bobby Brown, the ultra hi-top fade that Christopher “Kid” Reid wore, the low hi-top fade, and the Steps fade. All the coolest and toughest cats rocked this do: Tupac, Big Daddy Kane, Will Smith…shoot, even Vanilla Ice had a box! Some women even wore them! It was cool then. It’s laughable now. This style just has no place in today’s fashion world, PERIOD. Why would you want hair that looked like an un-used pencil eraser? It is not okay.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- The Fountain of Youth: 15 Celebrity Anti-Aging Tips & Tricks
- 15 Celebrities Who Helped Revive Other Celeb's Careers
- Films of the Future? 15 Movies That Accurately Predicted Events
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films
- 15 Celebs Who Love A Pair Of Ripped Jeans