So it’s about that time for your company’s annual holiday party. While free wine and champagne might make the event seem jollier than usual, it’s important to remember that it is still a work event after all. What you wear to the shindig is also incredibly important, so to make sure you don’t make any yuletide fashion errors, we’ve put together some outfit ideas to get you started.
1. Casual In-Office Party
Sometimes the company holiday party is simply extra donuts at your cubicle, but this doesn’t mean you can’t get festive! We love the idea of a long, cozy sweater paired with this season’s jacquard pant trend. You won’t be overdressed, yet you’ll totally be in the spirit. Top it off with cute and comfy pumps. It won’t hurt to toss a sparkly hard case clutch in your work tote either, just in case you head to any after-work watering holes.
2. Cocktail Party
What often happens in preparation for a cocktail party is you buy a cute dress you may never wear again. So to avoid that trap, we’ve centered this outfit around separates that can be worn over and over. Since it is holiday, we added tons of glitz—but don’t worry it’s all strategically placed so you won’t overdo it. Try a feminine approach with an embellished and sheer LBD, a festive and on trend sequin peplum jacket, accessorized with champagne-colored shoes and clutch to lighten the look.
3. Black Tie
It’s time to channel your favorite celebrity red carpet moment because you’ll be breaking out the gowns and formal jewelry for this one. This gorgeous emerald-green gown is festive and flatters a wide range of skin tones and body types. Add an alternate little pop of color with dazzling dangling earrings. A pair of peep toe sandals and hard clutch in a neutral color palette will make the dress the main attraction.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!