Looking back through the filmographies of several of our favorite celebrity actors, it occurred to us that many of the most memorable performances come from playing previous celebrities. Here are 15 of our favorite celebrities who became famous in part by playing other famous people.
Jamie Foxx went from noteworthy comedian to superstar dramatic actor after playing world famous R&B legend Ray Charles. Ray (2004) won Jamie Foxx an Academy Award for Best Actor. Unfortunately, the real-life Charles was unable to experience Foxx’s performance—Charles died of liver disease before the premiere.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process