What is the first thing that comes to mind when we say the word Crocs? Exactly. Every fashion girl worth her salt knows that Crocs are a fashion no-no –pass given to those who work in the healthcare industry. So who would have guessed that the seedy underworld of designer knockoffs had a Crocs division? According to WWD, “through September 2012 more than 600,000 pairs of counterfeit Crocs shoes have been confiscated through factory raids and customs seizures in China.” The Chinese government is doing more than seizing the counterfeit goods, they are sending a strong message by incarcerating the counterfeiters. On Friday, a sentence of 46 years in prison was handed down, by the Shanghai Yangpu District Court and the Dongguan City No. 1 District Court, to 18 Chinese counterfeiters for selling 128,752 pairs of knockoff Crocs. According to WWD’s report, “seventeen of the individuals were convicted of counterfeiting, and three of the 18 were convicted of offering bribes. In addition to jail time, the counterfeiters face fines totaling about 2,832,500 RMB or nearly $450,896.”
StyleBlazer, what are you thoughts on knockoffs and the individuals who provide the goods?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!