The music industry was stunned yesterday when news broke that Mexican singer Jenni Rivera was killed in a plane crash. Her plane went down in Northern Mexico, killing the music legend and six passengers. To her millions of fans, Jenni was known as “La Diva de la Banda,” or The Diva of Banda Music. Her powerful voice and moving ballads propelled her into superstar status, and she became a reality star on Spanish language television. Jenni was in the process of making her American crossover, with a sitcom inspired by her Telemundo’s mun2 TV show, I Love Jenni. The 43 year old superstar was a true pioneer, and will deeply missed.
In honor of Jenni’s legacy, check out the late singer’s red carpet style. Rest in peace, La Diva de la Banda.
Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN.com
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process