We first heard about the Pizza Hut fragrance about a week ago, but immediately dismissed it as a hilarious rumor. Welp, the rumors are real as the fast food chain plans to release a unisex fragrance.
Originally, Grip Limited advertising firm that works with Pizza Hut Canada posed the question, “Do you love the smell of a box of Pizza Hut pizza being opened? We thought so. If that smell was a perfume, what would it be called?” on their Facebook page last August. They received an outpouring of responses that lead to the executive decision to actually make a fragrance– available in limited quantity. The company says the perfume will smell like “dough with a little bit of seasoning added.”
“We discovered it was hard to match the smell of freshly baked bread, but it smells somewhat close,” said Pizza Hut’s director of marketing, Beverly D’Cruz, adding that the new perfume was more about entertainment than smell. She added that one “could also spray the perfume around a room to make it smell like pizza.”
If you were one of the lucky first 100 people to respond on Facebook, check your mailbox in the next couple on months. You’ll be receiving one of these lovely sprays.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- TV Chic: Top 15 Most Fashionable TV Characters
- 15 Fitness Tips & Tricks From The Stars
- 15 Timeless Beauties We Love
- The Fountain of Youth: 15 Celebrity Anti-Aging Tips & Tricks
- 15 Celebrities Who Helped Revive Other Celeb's Careers
- Films of the Future? 15 Movies That Accurately Predicted Events
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'