American Apparel often sells things that seem like a complete joke, but in a real attempt to garner real customers the brand has been selling, “meggings” (also known as man leggings).
Unfortunately, American Apparel is not the only culprit as Nordstrom, GAP and Barneys all keep the trendy new item in stock. According to Business Insider, “meggings” are taking Manhattan by storm and have crossed the waters, landing in Britain. While men have worn tights before –in theater, ballet and under pants in freezing cold weather– it’s a never been a staple in everyday menswear. The article notes that Justin Bieber, Russell Brand and even Lenny Kravitz have all worn meggings, further perpetuating the trend.
While we’re not sure why men would want to wear pants so tight to the goods, we’re not surprised. Hopefully the next step isn’t basketball shoe wedges.
How do you feel about meggings?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles
- Celeb Moms That Bounced Back After Pregnancy Like It Was Nothing (Beyoncé's Body Post Blue Ivy, Jennifer Lopez's Curves After Twins and More!)