The Cut spoke to makeup artist Wei Lang about one of her newest clients, Beyoncé.
The makeup veteran was working with Tina Knowles, when she was graciously passed along to Bey earlier this year. From the Met gala to the Obama fundraiser, Lang has worked with the Grammy-winner for her big events. While we all know that Beyoncé prefers to do her own makeup for everyday, she does look to Lang to glam her up when it really counts. Lang talked about Bey’s glowing skin, makeup taste and why mink lashes are a must.
On what type of foundation Beyoncé wears: I don’t really use a lot of makeup on her. The one thing I do when she goes out is contour (because of the photography) but not too heavily. She has flawless skin, so I don’t really want to cover that up.
On mink lashes: I always use mink lases on her. They look amazing. I use strips by Velour called “Are Those Real?”and I got her really into it, so she buys them by the ton.
On Beyoncé’s glow: I really only use that on her forehead and under her eyes for a little highlighting. Every now and then, I’ll use a shimmer product.
For the complete interview go here.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process