Anna Wintour, Karlie Kloss, Virginia Smith and a slew of other fashion elite, headed to Marcus Samuelsson’s Red Rooster on Tuesday night to celebrate the new “Pierre” bag co-designed by Balmain and jewelry designer Aurélie Bidermann. The medium sized suede handbag boasts a faux-ivory tooth is expected to hit Balmain stores soon.
While guest smoozed and enjoyed the food and libations of the night, Fashionista spoke to Balmain’s head designer, Olivier Rousteing. He talked about constantly traveling, the only time he switches his phone off and his thoughts on Alexander Wang’s new position at Balenciaga.
On traveling constantly: I love it. I sleep on the plane, it’s the only moment my phone is switched off, my email is switched off. I arrive here [and] I’m happy, enjoying [myself], and then tomorrow I sleep again on the plane, and I come back to the office, stronger with [my head] full of shiny clothes.
On Alexander Wang’s new gig: I think it’s great, he’s really young, I think he already proved with his brand, what he’s going to do, what his greatest talent is. I think it’s good for Paris to get this new talent. And an American one, too.
For more of the interesting interview, head here.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past