StyleBlazers, one of the best things you can do for your style is to take good care of your skin. No amount of makeup or couture will hide less than stellar skin so there’s work to do to keep your skin looking great. But if you’re a little clueless as to what you should be doing, here’s five of our best skincare tips:
1. Wear sunscreen
This is a non-negotiable. The sun’s harmful rays are the biggest culprits behind the breakdown of collagen (the protein that gives skin its resilience) so you absolutely must slather on SPF 30 or higher prior to stepping out of the house and reapply every two hours as needed. Not only does this help protect you from potentially dangerous skin diseases but it’s also your best defense against aging.
Sunscreens to try: Peter Thomas Roth Mineral Sunscreen (this is great for reapplying on your face especially if you wear makeup since it won’t disturb your groove) and Neutrogena Dry Touch Sunblock (won’t make the skin overly greasy or give an ashy cast like many sunscreens do).
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night