Homes during the holidays lend themselves to be decadent and extravagant. From Christmas trees to lighting on people’s homes, the holidays are really the time to be over-the-top and outdo what you’ve done in past years.
As we all know, the season is all about parties and celebration. It’s the end of the year and people want to give and love. So the trends are in direct correlation to the season and what the holidays give us. Essentially: you can never do too much and if you are going to do too much, now is the time.
Tones of red (like burgundy), gold and velvet fabrics give a warm, seasonal feel. Greenery like fresh-cut red roses add a bit of flavor. You can also incorporate gold accessories, like candles and vases. Most people have neutral palette furniture in beige and brown, so these items are a great solution to add a rich holiday feel in your home.
If you’re in need of specific design ideas for your home that also double as great gifts, check out my top ten for this season below!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night