When Jourdan Dunn let the world know she was pregnant in 2009, the fashion community was in shock. At just 18 years old, the British beauty was gaining momentum in the modeling industry rubbing elbows with contemporaries Chanel Iman, Joan Smalls and Sessilee Lopez.
Now, the proud single mother has learned the act of balance and graciously opened up to Vogue UK about her journey and day-to-day life.
I worked until I was six months pregnant, when I couldn’t fit into any of the clothes. I didn’t keep my pregnancy a secret especially, but I worried about how people would treat me when they found out. I worried about being judged, but I realised I can’t live for other people.
The agency really looked out for me. I went back to work after nine months – I didn’t feel any pressure to go back quickly, and when I did everyone was really supportive. I’ve had a good experience.
To read more about her unique experience, go here.
Were you surprised at Jourdan’s choice?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!